Infusing Rigor, Vigor, Breadth and Depth in Our Doctoral Programs
We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative tasks for our association.
Duties include managing our association’s general administrative activities, enrolling new members, renewing existing members, marketing, and selling the associations events publications.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and keeping DAEA official records
- Act as the point of contact for members by keeping members updates, answer all phone calls, emails and social media enquiries
- Ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of the association
- Maintain an updated membership database by inputting customer profile, following up for renewals, preparing and distributing quarterly updates to members.
- Organize member activities
- Manage association’s social media accounts
- Market the association, events and publications as per targets
- Plan and professionally run all member activities and events
- Plan meetings a take detailed minutes and distribute minutes and follow up on actions
- Write and distribute all members’ correspondences
- Develop and maintain a filing system of all documents both soft and hard copies
- Manage office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Prepare sales presentations, organize the material and schedule presentations about DAEA
- Identifying sales opportunities and present benefits of products effectively to sell the DAEA products and events
- Persuade potential customers to buy DAEA’s products / services
- Accomplishing the agreed levels of sales activity to raise revenue
- Follow-up and maintaining detailed records of all sales activity
- Provide sales vs. projection results by preparing and forwarding sales tracking reports.
- Reconcile and submit event reports
- Maintain the stock details of the association’s products and track stock movement
- Liaise with the DAEA committee chairs on any queries requiring escalation
- Report to DAEA CEO on any matters that require attention of that office
- Professionalism, strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of professionals.
- little or no supervision
- Honesty, integrity and strong life skills and values
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- A positive attitude, self-driven, enthusiastic and ready to learn on the job
- Passionate about customer service excellence
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Social media management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
Education and Qualifications
- Degree or diploma holder in Business Administration or office management
- Additional qualification such as Information Technology, secretarial skills, graphic design, sales and marketing will be a plus
- Experience in office administrative work is an added advantage
Interested persons should send their CVs to: email@example.com before or on 22nd January 2021. You can also visit www.daea.or.ke for more information
Infusing rigor, vigor, breadth and depth in doctoral education
DAEA brings together academic and professional associations of doctoral holders who are dedicated to the elevation, advancement, support and sustainability of doctoral education in Eastern Africa.
To this end, the association draws from a pool of academic and professional skills and attitudes developed, refined and practiced over the years
In doing so, DAEA provides a unique platform to vigorously advance the rigor, breadth and depth of doctoral and post-doctoral education in the East African region.
How to become DAEA Member?
You may apply on-line by paying a non-refundable application fee of Ksh 2,000 following the links below;
- Doctoral Student Member – Ksh 5,000
- Doctoral Holder Member – Ksh 10,000
- Corporate Member – Ksh 100,000
A membership certificate will be issued after payment of an annual membership fee.
Download our December 2019 Newsletter
2019 has been quite an year!
Download our newsletter to get a glimpse of what we have been upto.
DAEA 2020 Schedule of Activities
To all scholars
Kindly note DAEA 2020 Schedule of activities. This will help you plan attendance of the events in advance
|DAEA 2020 Activities Schedule||Date|
|DAEA Rwanda Visit||June 12th|
|Proposal/Thesis Pre-defense Workshop||July 10th|
|Annual Thesis Writing Retreat
|November 20th to 21st|
|DAEA University Journal Publication||December 2020|
You can now order online!
- The University Journal; DAEA Journal Issue 2; August 2018 (@ Ksh 500/5$US)
- The University Journal; DAEA Journal-issue 1; 31st March 2017 (@ Ksh 500/5$US)
- DAEA (2017). The Rural Universities: DAEA’s Case for rural universities in Kenya; A DAEA Proposal; DAEA publishers , Nairobi ( @ Ksh 500/5$US)
- DAEA ( 2016): A How To Manual; A Kenyan Jua Kali Model; DAEA’s Model for Youth Empowerment and Employment at the Ward and village levels in all counties in Kenya; DAEA publishers , Nairobi (@ Ksh 500/5$US)
- DAEA, (2015): A DAEA Survey of Doctoral Holders and doctoral Students in Kenya; DAEA publishers , Nairobi(@ Ksh 350/3.5$US)
- DAEA Magazine (August 2015 issue)-FREE
- Newsletter (April 2015 issue) -FREE