Infusing rigor, vigor, breadth and depth in doctoral education
DAEA brings together academic and professional associations of doctoral holders who are dedicated to the elevation, advancement, support and sustainability of doctoral education in Eastern Africa.
To this end, the association draws from a pool of academic and professional skills and attitudes developed, refined and practiced over the years
In doing so, DAEA provides a unique platform to vigorously advance the rigor, breadth and depth of doctoral and post-doctoral education in the East African region.
How to become DAEA Member?
You may apply on-line by paying a non-refundable application fee of Ksh 2,000 for doctoral student or holder membership and Ksh. 5,000 fo institutions or corporates following the links below;
A membership certificate will be issued after payment of an annual membership fee.
A call to join The Doctoral Association of Eastern Africa (DAEA)
Doctoral Association of Eastern Africa (DAEA) is a registered association for doctoral holders and doctoral students
Benefits of Joining DAEA
1) Shorten doctoral graduation time
2) DAEA will be your companion in your doctoral
3) Forum to discuss and present your research work (Thesis/Dissertations) with your peers and doctoral holders
4) Research opportunities
5) Improve your thesis/Dissertation supervisory skills
6) Space to publish articles to meet graduation requirement and career recognition
7) Marketing personal doctoral skills
8) Automatic member of “Friends to DAEA Club ”
9) The right to forward your papers for publication to DAEA peer reviewed journal “The University Journal ”
10) Access DAEA publications
11) Becoming a peer reviewer for The University Journal
12) Contribution to chapters in books
13) Access and participate in DAEA annual conferences and other international conferences
14) Sharpen your mentorship skills through doctoral student mentorship program
15) Post-doctoral research opportunities in DAEA institutional partners
16) Access to fellowship programs
17) Strengthening members ’ academic and professional networks
18) Participating in contributing to solving societal problems through research
19) Improve personal career development
Please click below links to register or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Infusing rigor and vigor
A prosperous society fostered by intellectual discourse, high quality teaching and research.
DAEA exists to contribute to societal solutions in Africa and beyond through exemplary doctoral and post-doctoral research, training and service.
Our Core Values
DAEA is a community of scholars committed to academic and professional excellence. We champion innovation, integrity, mental stimulation and high performance standards in research, academia and industry.
DAEA 2021 Schedule of Activities
To all scholars
Kindly note DAEA 2021 Schedule of activities. This will help you plan attendance of the events in advance
|DAEA 2021 Activities Schedule||Date|
|Monthly students mentorship meetings||Jan- December 2021|
|AGM||March 26th 2021|
|Proposal/Thesis Pre-defense Workshop||May 7th 2021|
|DAEA University Journal Publication||June|
|Market Research Training Part 1||Friday 11th June 2021|
|Market Research Training Part 2||Friday 18th June 2021|
|Proposal/Thesis Pre-defense Workshop||July 2nd 2021|
|Research Proposal writing workshop||August 20th 2021|
|Journal Articles review process and publishing seminar||October 8th 2021|
|Professional Development for Doctoral Holders Seminar||November 5th 2021|
|DAEA University Journal Publication||November|
You can now order online!
- The University Journal Vol 3 Issue 1 – 2021
- The University Journal Vol 2 Issue 1 – 2020
- The University Journal Vol 1 Issue 3 – 2019
- The University Journal Vol 1 Issue 2 – 2018
- The Bottom-Up Approach: To Empower and Employ Our Youth by Using Our Waste and Jua Kali Working Places
- DAEA (2017). The Rural Universities: DAEA’s Case for rural universities in Kenya; A DAEA Proposal; DAEA publishers , Nairobi
- DAEA ( 2016): A How To Manual; A Kenyan Jua Kali Model; DAEA’s Model for Youth Empowerment and Employment at the Ward and village levels in all counties in Kenya; DAEA publishers , Nairobi
- The DAEA Guidelines on Doctoral Research and Supervision Cover
- DAEA, (2015): A DAEA Survey of Doctoral Holders and doctoral Students in Kenya; DAEA publishers , Nairobi
- DAEA Magazine (August 2015 issue)-FREE
- Newsletter (April 2015 issue) -FREE